Beta - "Past the Limits"

It has finally come to the point we have all been waiting for... THE GAME IS FINISHED. Im so happy o have completed my game "Past the Limits"... well i sort of completed it. I was able to to do the main parts that i was aiming for but due to the time shortage i had, i wasn't able to add a title screen and extra tracks.

My game went vert well i think and i'm very happy with the outcome. It's a very enjoyable game to play. I added the second player and created waypoints for the opponent to follow in order to have an actual competition.

Throughout this module there has been stressful times. especially tiring to remember to do the blog posts and weekend work on time while trying to balance the 100 other assignments we'd get at once. It definitely wasn't easy at all but we got there in the ned, we survived. For the most part minus the assignments, i found this module really enjoyable. I like following tutorials and seeing how games are made. i enjoyed being able to create my own (even if i did want to give up most of the time). Its great to see how something so small like a brush of a paint brush on unity can turn into a full on racetrack.

While creating this game, there was a lot of difficult components to it e.g following scripts and placing things in the right order on unity. In the end my game "Past the Limits" has turned into a full on developed game that can be played by anyone with a computer. By using the arrow keys, you are able to drive around the track, crash into walls ( A lot of crashing by the way, the track is very skinny with A LOT of turns... apologies for the frustration in advance) and race against an opponent while looking at the scenery of trees and mountains that i created. I added colour to the cars also which will help the player identify which one they are using.
"Past the limits"
The player will always be in the red car

The view in Past the limits

PS..... MERRY CHRISTMAS YA FILTHY ANIMALS 

Comments

  1. Hi Niamh, your game looks awesome! I'm impressed with the opponent AI and how you made it follow specific points and follow the track. I got one problem though, you could've made the opponent a different colour than orange, it's a bit too similar to red. Green or blue would work just fine to be honest. But apart from that well done! You created an entire track, an AI opponent and a playable car... give yourself a pat on the back for that. I have nothing else to add to be honest. All I can say is keep up the good work! I wish I played your game during testing :(
    Oh and Merry Christmas to you too!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to future web designer

Final GDD

Game Vision Statement