Introduction to future web designer

Hi, My name is Niamh Smith. I am 19 years old and a second year creative Digital media student in the Institute of Technology Blanch.

This post is just a little bit about me. I've been playing football since i was seven. its my passion. i currently play for HomeFarm F.C and i am hoping to play for the college team this year. I enjoy listening to music especially rap and RnB. My favourite song right now is "Bottled up" by Dinah Jane Hansen. she was once a member of Fifth Harmony until they broke up last year. They were my favourite group.
My portfolio website- home page

I've recently been reading a book called "The outsider" by Stephen king. It's about a young boy whois found murdered and assaulted in the woods. It follows different characters and their perspectives at times but mainly focuses on the lead detective and how he works the crime and finds the killer. There is so many twists in it so when i think its one person, something else happens to make you think differently! I love books like that. It builds up the suspense and keeps me on the edge of my seat. I'm not a big fan of the typical love stories. I find them very boring.
Code from my portfolio website

Last year in year one, i found web development to be my favourite module. i loved the whole idea of coding and how it can go just from being letters and number on a screen to an actual website. i loved creating a portfolio website and being able to display my skills to others. I've recently been thinking about how much I want to get into that area of work. i think i would really enjoy working with clients and creating their dream website.

I'm not sure how to feel about this module. Developing a game and all that comes with researching games, just doesn't really interest me but i am hoping to learn form it because hey, whens the next time you'll be thought how to develop a game by yourself!

Comments

  1. You don't like games! We'll have to change that! I think of games as interactive stories, a place to immersive myself self in, I always felt reading was like that(my favorite hobby). I hope you enjoy the semester!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Niamh!
    Good to see that you enjoy playing football, I'm also slightly obsessed. When I was younger I played for Home Farm too, currently playing for Phoenix FC and in the college. Unlike you, I'm not a fan of WebDev I think it becomes very repetitive and boring. Great work with the blog, I thought it was a nice read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Niamh. Nice to see someone who actually enjoys coding and web-related stuff. Its really cool when you see all the amazing things that can be done with few lines of code. Your porfolio site looks nice too.
    Byee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Niamh, Great blog and good to see that someone who's good at code and enjoys it at the same time. Definitely going to look up 'The Outsiders' now if you're recommending it and glad I'm not he only one who doesn't like typical love stories. And I'm going to agree with Shaun on this you have to get into gaming you'll like it I'll promise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Niamh!,
    I have to say that I really enjoyed reading through your introduction blog post today. Your portfolio website looks really impressive and professional. I think that it's great that you know what you want to do! Wish I could say the same. It's been great seeing what your passionate about. I love playing games but creating one is a whole new thing and it can be really daunting, with practice and time i'm sure you will get the hang of it.Anyways great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Niamh! I didn't know you played football that's really cool. I'm obsessed with Stephen King's books, The Outsider is amazing I thought it was really intriguing throughout. It'd good you enjoyed web dev last year it's a good skill to have and develop, I personally thought it'd be the end of me lol.
    Great intro post, I really enjoyed reading it:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi niamh! it is very interesting to hear about your passions, it's refreshing to see how much you enjoy your pastimes such as football and web design. i can see a great spark in you and see alot of great things for you in the future! keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Niamh, Your blog looks really good I like the side bar and the background you have they make it look really artistic. It's cool to hear that you play football for Home farm you must be good! I liked Web Dev in first year too, it's just cool to see the web page appear out of random lines of code like you said. Your portfolio website looks really good from the screenshot you have of it. Good luck with year 2!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Niamh, really nice to get to know you a bit more. I really liked web dev too. I have the exact same opinion on web dev, I find it so rewarding when you see lines of code turn into a website. I really liked fifth harmony too! I was sad they split but they're each very talented girls and I'm sure they'll all do well with the huge platform they got from being in fifth harmony. Looking forward to hearing about you game idea's:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Niamh.
    really like your introduction. Did you take the photo of yourself? or did someone else take it? Also I know we don't talk often but I think you're a really cool bean. Also how dare you not like games..
    Anyway, good day and goodnight!
    James

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey niamh. Great to learn more about you! I like the photos you included in your introduction. The picture of you is very artsy. I am saddened that you do not like games but yet I always see you playing the nfl game on you iphone. I also really enjoy web dev its the coding thats so simple and once you know it once its practice from then on

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Niamh, never really goto into football myself but i think it's great either way, you seem to have a good taste in music as well :)
    Last year web dev was a lot of fun i agree but this year it's a lot harder so not enjoying it as much but still it's nice to create things :)
    I can see what you mean by making games but you have to think eventually we will be able to use unity also for making movies and more, great introduction post, best of luck with the year ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Final GDD

Game Vision Statement