Workshop 01

WORKSHOP 01

In this first workshop of year two, we discussed what we liked about last year and what we could improve on this year. We did this individually and in groups, sharing what we had thought about. i realised that i had to improve on time management, concentration and stress. i seem to get stressed very easy, especially when it comes to college.
The second exercise that we did in this workshop was to describe in plain english how the traffic light system worked.  This topic was entirely new to me. i had never heard of this type of challenge before and it was a lot harder to figure out then i originally thought. for one, i don't drive so asking me to try to understand when lights changed, i was already at a disadvantage and i also am not very good with communicating my thoughts. This exercise really made me see how bad my communication skills and inability to express my thoughts actually are. It's definitely something i have to improve on majorly this year.
'Helpful' by Cristina Vanko
https://dribbble.com/shots/1325307-Helpful

I liked the activity though because it made me realise what areas i need to improve on but i didn't like it for the reason of working in groups. Working in groups can be very challenging even for that short amount of time. Everyone has different views and ideas on whats right and trying to find a common dominator is hard most of the time. The three of us had completely different ways of doing it but we all agreed that north and south have to be the same.

When it comes to writing about the workshop, i really like it. It's allowed me to remember the workshop better then most classes because we have to come and write about it after. It'll allow me to retain more information about the class and what was done in it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to future web designer

Final GDD

Game Vision Statement