Growth Mindset

If you had asked me yesterday "what is growth mindset?" I probably would've looked at you funny and asked what the hell you were on about.  I wouldn't have known who Carol Dweck was either. But after watching the three videos, i understand it. I understand why the research has been done and why she wants to get her research out there because it is interesting and holds a-lot of true facts that everyone should hear.

Growth vs Fixed Mindset
http://info.thinkfun.com/stem-education/carol-dweck-growth-mindset-in-education
While watching the videos, i was trying to think about where id be on the fixed-growth mindset spectrum. i started thinking back on my time in secondary school and how i dealt with different classes. i started remembering how in most of my classes my mindset would be fixed. i would only do what i could, id never really challenge myself in school. i think its because i didn't really like school, i never really enjoyed having to do subjects that id never need again. I just wanted to graduate and go to college. Looking back I do regret having that type of mindset. I do wish i applied myself more in school. Yet when it comes to football i have a growth mindset. I'm always pushing myself to do better, challenging myself to run faster, be stronger and work harder then the other team and to be the best player I can be for my team so that they can rely on me like i rely on them. For the growth mindset system, i think it depends on what the person is doing. It depends if they like what they're doing and if they'll apply them self and challenge it more.

I have become very interested in the Growth Mindset. i think its a cool and good way to understand how people think, if they think they're good enough and why people like to challenge them more then others. I think Growth Mindset could help me a lot this year. If i read up about it more, i definitely will start applying it to my different classes. Especially the ones i'm worried about. I think it will allow me to push through the reservations that i have about that classes and let me find the error and correct it.

Comments

  1. Hey Niamh!,
    I really enjoyed reading your blog post, "Growth Mindset" today. I found it to be very interesting and informative to read through. When I was secondary school I probably had a fixed mindset too instead of a growth mindset. I agree that growth mindset is a cool and good way to understand how people think differently in certain situations and how they deal with issues and how they overcome them. Overall this is a great blog Niamh! I thoroughly enjoyed reading through it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to future web designer

Final GDD

Game Vision Statement