Finished Timeline - The 1916 Rising (MD2FINAL GDD)

This week i completed my part on the research on the first day of the rising. I finished the timeline of the first day of events that took place in Dublin on Monday the 24th of April 1916.  In order to finish this timeline, i continued to search for an accurate website that i could trust and find complete facts on the rising.  I found one and was able to resort to facts and times that can give our designers and writers an insight into what they need to focus on so we can have the most accurate set and scripts for the game.

I completed over two pages of timeline information with accurate times and places and also added one or two famous sayings that were said on banners when the rising first occurred in order to have them in the game.

I also added more images to the PDF so everyone can see what they need to be drawing and imitating so we get an accurate account for the game.

Once i completed my timeline, i sent in on to Chis, Ellen and Siobhan as i said i would in order for me to get feedback so i could change anything they didn't

like or thought needed more detail. So far i've only heard back from Chris but his feedback was very positive and we talked about how it will give a good structure to the story. From now on i think i will be helping out others in any way possible and if more research need to be done on details and such i will be here to do it.

Comments

  1. Hey Niamh,
    The research you have done is really great, it looks like it would taken a lot of time and effort trying to figure out the timeline for the day and getting it as accurate as you could. The game seems to be coming along really well because of the research thats been conducted over the past few weeks, I think without all the research thats been done it wouldn't have been going as well as it is now. I say the amount of writing you are doing is so tiring I don't know how you are doing it I read one tiny article and I need a 3hr nap afterwards lol. Im really looking froward to seeing the game finished and completed I say it will be a really eye opening experience to know the complete ins and outs of everything that happened during the rising. Keep Up the good work!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Niamh, you seem to definitely be putting in lots of effort when it comes to the research needed for this project, I’m really interested in seeing how everything goes with this project and how it will unfold, I have to say I like how you have each thing played out and how you have it presented makes it a lot easier to read, definitely seems like a lot of the game will be action packed and with a lot of intense scenes as well as a lot of interactivity, I also feel the game looks very immersive which I feel will the most key aspect to making the game popular, some part of me wishes you had of stuck with the VR aspect of it but I think the game will be amazing either way, keep up the good work and I hope all goes well putting the final project together

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to future web designer

Final GDD

Game Vision Statement