Prototype

"Personal image of "Past the Limits"
This week I started to make my game "Past the Limit". I'm not going to lie, i dint want to at first but once i got into building the terrain i started to enjoy creating this other world and racing game. So far i've built the terrain and added some features to it, in order to create a realistic and exciting environment for the game.

What worked?
So far most things have worked for me. The tutorials i'm following are very descriptive and helpful and allow me to really get into the designing and functionality of the game. Ive been able to add textures to my game and create the ground and track for the game. Ive also added rocky mountains in order to create an exciting/fascinating race course for "Past the limit".
I've also added the main race car to the game. This will allow me to test the track as i continue to develop the game.

"Past the Limits" terrain


What didn't work?
This time i did have one or two things that didn't work how i intended them too. The biggest thing that i couldn't get to work is the engine sound on the car. For some reason i wasn't able to get it started when the car is moving.  Thats something that i will wok on and try figure out as i continue the development. I tried to un-add and add the car back to the game in hopes that it would be working but i had no luck with it.

How am i meeting my targets?
Currently i'm a bit behind on my game. I would've liked to have my sound working and be able to move on to the next stage but without the sound the game will not be fully complete. I will have to fix that before i'm able to move on.



Comments

  1. Hi Niamh!
    First of all I think I should state that you should be more careful with the way you layout your text!
    Past the limits sounds really really cool and so far I'm loving the terrain you're making. I hope to see more work from you soon.
    Yours faithfully,
    Jam

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to future web designer

Final GDD

Game Vision Statement