Week 8 Reading and Writing

Over the past 8 weeks i've been reading and writing about articles that range from improving your learning mindset to the mechanics, dynamics and aesthetics framework. Over these weeks i've learned many new techniques and ways to work that i hope will benefit me in the future, in work and just in life in general.

Overall the readings have been a good thing in my opinion. they made myself and others start to remember what reading is like, especially when you find a good reading that intrigues your mind and thoughts. My favourite reading so far was "Growth mindset". I found this to be my favourite reading over the weeks as it though me many things about myself and how i deal with work and development processes. Since this reading i've been trying to employ this mindset into my daily life. With projects recently i've been trying to push myself more to gather as much and work as hard as i can throughout the process as it will allow me to get the grade i'm aiming for. I've also noticed that i'm understanding how people think a lot more and i'm spotting which people continue to have a fixed mindset within college and in my family.

The readings the past weeks have also really helped me with my game, although they were very very long, they did come in handy for referring back when stuck on my GDD. They allowed me to define which parts of my game will work well and which wouldn't based on secondary research etc.

I've become very happy with my project and development over the past week or so. Iv started to fully develop my prototype with help from my GDD. The GDD allowed me to finally put all my thoughts onto a screen and into order of what i think will work best for each section i divide the game into.

My biggest accomplishment for this class would actually keeping up with the uploads. i thought by the third or fourth week i would've dropped behind and not uploaded some but i've actually kept up with everything and uploaded on time. That goes towards me trying to change my mind set. By doing so i've been able to submit all my assignments on time and not fall behind in any classes even with work etc. Trust me, i'm just as surprised as you guys are too.

Personal image of game terrain
I chose to use this image in my blog posts as i feel like represents my process and development stage of my game very well. It shows what the track and terrain will look and feel and allows for you guys to picture how the finished piece will look like with more development.

For future readings i hope to get more learning and information on games out of it so i can bring my game up to the next level and not have it so basic.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to future web designer

Final GDD

Game Vision Statement