Feedback Strategies

Today I looked at articles that showed me hoe to GIVE feedback compared to last week when I looked at articles that showed me how to TAKE feedback.

The first article i looked at was called ""What kind of messages help kids grow?". I was first drawn to this article due to the title as i have a six and three year old sisters and I want them to grow up as best as they can and to develop a healthy mindset. In this article the author Deborah Farmer Kris, states the importance of a parents words for kids aged between 1-3. Deborah states that these years shape the way kids will think in the future. She says to use "process praise" instead of "nice job" and to use the word "Yet" when a child says they can't do something. For me, this article was very eye opening and interesting. I never really thought that the praise i give my sisters could affect their future mindset. This article has allowed me to see how i can help my sisters develop a growth mindset but also has thought me how to approach giving feedback to others. Praise the process.

The second article i read was "Be a Mirror" by Gravity Goldberg. In this article Gravity talks about the importance of a student having a growth mindset. Its thought me and i say the rest of the readers how we can apply "process praise" to fellow students and colleagues. By taking the " I like how you" out of praise we are eliminating the feeling that its about them pleasing us. From know on ill start saying "when you.."  It keeps the focus on them according to Gravity.

Ill definitely be applying the the "Process praise" to my approaches at giving feedback from now on as i think it's a good way to go about it and will hopefully allow people to challenge themselves more. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to future web designer

Final GDD

Game Vision Statement