Game Brainstorm

The following are my top four ideas for my game project.

1. Obstacle course game.
For this game, i was imagining a game that involves running and dodging obstacles that are being thrown towards the character or that are on the ground. The character could have to jump over the objects that are underneath them. I am interested in doing this type of game as many of the games i've played when i was younger were games like this, for example Temple run or subway surfers. these games are mostly used on apple phones or ipads etc. I feel as though id be more interested in doing a game app so to speak as its what i'm used too. Link to tutorial

'Driving and racing tutorial'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQ5GJPlAGS4
2. Car racing game
My second idea is for a car racing game. A competition game. Car racing/ competition games are always entertaining to play. It brings out the competitive side in everybody. Ive researched tutorials on Youtube on how to create a driving and racing game on unity. The tutorials are very easy to follow. the tutorials teach you how to create the terrain and how to get the cars to move around the track. I think id like to learn how to create this type of game as i'm a huge fan of them and i want to learn the whole process of how to create and develop a game that works functionally and looks good too.

3. Building life/ farming 
This game would consist of creating a so called life in the game. It would contain a character that would go around building life. creating farmland, feeding animals and meeting other people and  complete tasks to earn rewards.The only knowledge i have of these type of games is the game that used to go around facebook known as, "Farmville". I'd hope to have the game start at the very beginning with little to no crops and then overtime create the best life. I've researched a video on how to create a game like this. It gives you a step by step guide into how to start the project.(Link to Tutorial)

4.Sports 
A Sports game is also another idea i would like to do. Ive been playing football since i was young and i have always been a big fan of fifa. I think a sports game in the form of a roblox style would be a good way to do it. I think doing it in this style would be a very unique style and i think i would learn alot from this style of game. It would allow me to combine my love for sports and my growing interest in Unity 3D.

Comments

  1. hi niamh! really enjoyed reading these ideas of yours, some great stuff here. i like how you thought of this process and used your writing skills to communicate them well, i look forward to seeing this progress!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Niamh !,
    I really enjoyed reading through your 'Game Brainstorm', blog post today. I found your ideas all really intriguing. I especially liked your 2nd game idea. I found it to be an interesting concept that would be fun to do. I look forward to seeing you developing your ideas further and exploring possible themes for your games. Great Blog!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to future web designer

Final GDD

Game Vision Statement