Game Idea Research

My main idea that i've decided on for my game is a Car racing game/competition. Ive decided to do this game as i'm intrigued in how one would come about making this game. In my last post about game ideas, i stated that i watched a tutorial on it and id like to create one. Ive continued to watch piece of the tutorial series and have come to the conclusion that its something i really want to try my hand at.

I would hope to create a game that has people entertained for a while and that will allow two people to play but maybe thats pushing it as it is only my first game. I want to create a car racing game that will not only look good but will also function very well as thats the most important aspect of the assignment. To understand and create a working game. I've searched for this different videos on people talking about how to build a car racing game but the best ones i've found are from Jimmy Vegas. He keeps his language simple and is easy to follow. Most of the other blogs or videos, are very advanced and don't cater to beginners.

I also want to do this idea as I'm extremely interested to see hoe to get a car racing around a track and i am excited t write the code for the game. Its a bit like web development when it comes to the code. You have certain things that stay there always and things you take away.

Game Mechanics - The interaction between the player and one or more elements.

The three possible game mechanics that I would like to use in my game would be -
1.The interaction between the player (the car) and the hitting of a barrier.
2. The interaction between the player and the finish first only mechanism. (used in many racing games but recognised mostly from Need for speed)
3. The interaction between the player and obstacles. eg. slippy roads etc.

(I wasn't sure on what game mechanics were but when i looked it up, it seemed people had different view on what they actually were so i'm not sure if those game mechanics will be the correct mechanics for a game)

Sources of inspiration -



"Need for speed - Payback"
https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/need-for-speed/need-for-speed-payback
 .
"Tokyo Drift"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKY2zbTNm8Y


Sources -
Game mechanics
Jimmy Vegas tutorials
Game Mechanics - Game1304

Comments

  1. Hey Niamh :) I like your game idea for a car racing game, it's unique to me as it's the first car racing game idea I've seen on someone's blog. Need for Speed is a great inspiration for it too, that game is addictive! I think the game mechanics are different for everyone too, looking forward to seeing how you develop this game idea! It sounds great:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Niamh, I really like your car racing game idea. I love car racing games, I always find them really exciting. I used to play Need for Speed when I was younger and always got an adrenaline rush. It looks like you've done a lot research into your idea and I wish you the best with it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to future web designer

Final GDD

Game Vision Statement